Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The Lord has been blessing us more than we deserve!

So this week was really good! We have been finding a lot of people ready to return to church or who have wanted to go to church or who received confirmation that this church is God´s Church. The Lord has been blessing us more than we deserve! I have not seen so much success happen in this area than I have seen in this transfer! I am seeing the Lord work and His Work is so sweet! The lives He is changing... we as a companionship have been wondering why and to tell you the truth I don't know, but I intend to search the scriptures like Nephi and I know that it will help me learn. 
 
Oh, it was really awesome this week because we found this huge family of like 10 kids! We invited them to play soccer at the church with a bunch of kids and when we went to walk with them to the church they were waiting on the corner. When they saw us, they began to scream and get really excited! We entered the house and had a lesson. At the end, one of the oldest girls prayed for the first time and when she finished everyone started clapping... it was awesome! I love it!  Oh another miracle that happened this week is we had 3 baptisms planned but Alana fell through because she wasn't entirely sure if she wanted to be baptized this week.  She wanted to wait a little more. Her bro Joelyson wanted to be baptized at 6pm Sunday night . They were running late and we had started worrying so we went to find them.   When we found them, the mother asked us if her children could be baptized together. It is the start of the family that we needed. The mother doesn't know it yet, but she will want to be baptized soon! :) Families need to be eternal! I love this work, it is awesome! 
 
My comp and I are good companions, but we were lacking being friends and we fixed that today... it was great!! The Lord Wants me to be humble so he can increase His work!  I hope you continue having great weeks!! I love you lots!!!

Elder Bowden

Oh I am half tempted to ask for tiny squirt guns but I think the temptation of bringing them to church would be to great. :D oh and tiny plastic bags!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Elder Bowden, What a great letter, it sure sounds like a lot of things are going well for you on your mission. I especially loved reading about how the family clapped after their daughter prayed! The pictures are great. It's wonderful to see how much good you are doing and how your are being blessed all along the way!
    All the best, Laurie Jensen

    ReplyDelete