Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Old people are the best!

So I have decided to share some of the funny experiences I forgot to write about... 1st story: So we were doing service at this place for old people who cant care for themselves.  We were helping out and one of the senior citizen ladies started hitting on my companion, it was awesome! Later we had to dance for them to like 60's music, so it was really strange but hilarious, cuz we both just did a bunch of random stuff! Afterwards one of the old ladies tells me "You didn't learn those moves at church!"  Old people are the best! 

This week was a good learning week for me.  I got to spend time with an Elder who has a lot of love for people and is a super charitable old man! It just helped me focus on helping other people instead of myself!  We need to remember every soul is important in the sight of God, not just the Investigators! We bike in the rain and get all cold, but we know that our comforts are far less important than helping the people we teach!  I need to fix so much to make myself a great missionary, but the Lord works with us day by day to make us who He needs us to be :) The mission is hard, but it reminds me of a conference talk where Elder Holland asks us why should we complain about our trials when Christ suffered so much more than we ever will! 

Everything is going well!  I gave an awesome training lesson with the Spirit.  I learn so much when I teach, so I finally understand how awesome it is to teach smart people! I hope your having a good time without me!  It's hard to believe I have been on my mission for over 100 days now... time flies! Have a beautiful week for me!

Com meu amo,
Elder Bowden  

No comments:

Post a Comment