Tuesday, October 20, 2015

I have been in the same ward almost 6 months!

Its been a real hard past couple of weeks!  Lots of things going wrong/not working out.  Lots of stress from leaders .... its just very different here from what you expect from your leaders.  My president likes to punish zones for not baptizing every week and he puts pressure on everyone to just baptize, doesn't matter how to him.  Its just hard, but I'll do my best to prepare people before baptism, to think more about the people than numbers...The Lord will bless me as I am obedient and do what I can to help the people in my area.  My new companion will help me get back on track with what the Lord wants. he is a good Brazilian missionary  and doesn't know much English so I will help him and he will help me.  I am just realizing how much of a difference it makes to have a comp who is mature, but I am here to learn and become better with each comp...  so its gonna be fun! 

Its really awesome in this ward because I have been in the same ward almost 6 months.  I know pretty much everyone and am trying to help improve the ward!  Some good news is I bought a big box of cereal and cookies!!!!! And even better news is we found part member families to baptize and they are really awesome!  So hopefully, everything will go well and we can help them be baptized, and start the path back to return to God! 

Love you!  Hope you have a good week!
Elder Bowden

No comments:

Post a Comment