Tuesday, October 6, 2015

I hope you all enjoy conference! I will be praying tons to understand everything in Portuguese... it will be awesome!

This week in the past was hard (haha I have to translate back into English sometimes and it just sounds weird)  My comp and I don't see eye to eye on the qualifications for baptism and so it was just a harder week, but a good one.  I learned a lot and I am trying to become better everyday. Fun fact:  reading 2 Nefi in another language is really, really hard to get through... I need those prayers! :P I don't know whats happening with the time here, every p-day just comes so fast.  I wanted to wish you a Happy Anniversary this week, but I only look at the calendar once and a while for the dates.. most of the time I just look at the pictures. 

So a few updates: the real (Brazil money) is falling in value so 1 dollar is like 4.20 reis. It's beautiful for Americans, so I have been buying lots of food for my comp and such. He loves the coke here. He drinks 4 liters in less then 24 hrs and more than half that time we are not even in the house! So anyways My comp Elder Guilerme is a good person, likes to teach with efficiency and wants to BAPTIZE EVERY WEEK! Its nuts but a great goal! He's got the faith to help these people and he has opened my eyes to a lot of things I can do better to teach the people here.  I have just been struggling to help him be more obedient to the rules.. but we will get there!! Slowly but surely. He also is really funny and just a little crazy! We like to mess around in the house with "light sabers"... its really crazy, but fun.  Also on p-days, we have a goal that he can only speak in English so he can become fluent.  

Another crazy story: So this Sunday, I was out waking up people to come with us to church and one lady (investigator that is crazy) was yelling at me.  She was not mad at me, just at everyone else.  It was a weird experience to have someone yell at you saying, "Yes I will go to church with my son, but I will get ready first!" She said many other things, but I, like Moroni, did not deem them worthy of this epistle. May I move to a close by saying, the Lord Lives and Loves you as I Love you!  I hope you all enjoy conference!  I will be praying tons to understand everything in Portuguese... it will be awesome! 

 Elder Bowden     

Oh a package... haha food!!!! Please haha food=cereal and Skittles or peach rings (they were heavenly) but Skittles are better to share with everyone! We love them here, but no one sells them, so they are worth gold! :D Oh if possible, can you send Dinobites fruity?  I have been craving them, but if not, its all good.  I usually just eat cookies for breakfast :)

No comments:

Post a Comment