Tuesday, July 5, 2016

I took a rock as a souvenir of the temple grounds

So this last week I have eaten very very unhealthy... eating cheese, and then more cheese, then açai, then ice cream, then more cheese, and then more ice cream...... and lets just say that my soul has been rejuvenated by the jam and cheese, but my belly has been growing.... but it was totally worth it!!! Thanks, that cheese is super good! haha

We are taking care of a huge zone and having to spend like 1/3 of our money on only buses.... its crazy. We had to do lots of interviews this last week. Almost our whole Saturday was just going to interview people and it was really cool.We had an experience with a woman who had a addiction to cigarettes and she didn't have a great desire to be baptized. By the end, the Spirit gave her the desire to stop and set her own goal for this week! It was awesome! Also I went to Novo Aldeota to help some missionaries who work in a huge area. I got to go look at the construction of the temple there and I took a rock as a souvenir of the temple grounds :p I'll send the pictures if I can. We went to a crazy internet house....

But it was awesome... there was a 18 year old preparing for baptism and he read a scripture and interpreted the scripture wrong.  I was a little nervous but when we started teaching, and I had no idea how to explain, but the Spirit did and taught us all. As we were leaving, the elder who was with me looked at me and said "I am glad you explained that scripture so well" And I said, "It wasn't me." It was really cool.  This area is a lot easier to get people to the church. What is hard is keeping them there. But Elder Christensen spoke about why we need to help them recognize the experience they are having! We have more or less 3 families that we are trying to help have these experiences, but we need more ideas for FHE.  If you can help that would be great!

It was an awesome week! I'll try and do something American today... maybe eat ice cream or a hot dog!! woot woot!! Love ya guys lots! The package has been awesome!!!  but I miss my old shoes with their holes... they had air conditioning :D
Elder Bowden
The dirt is the ground of the temple, the others are part of my zone  

Ground work for the temple!





No comments:

Post a Comment